DENALI COMMUNITY SCHOOL
AUGUST 2021: REGISTER ONLINE at https://popsicle.app/parents/DenaliCommunitySchool
Due to COVID, there are several changes to our program – but the same as last year (Winter & Spring 2021). Please read the following “Highlights” to our 2021 Policies. When you register, we will email you a form with the details but the primary concepts and policies are as follows:
1) Instead of classes, you will just register for the days, morning and/or afternoons your child/children need care., with the exception of morning Spanish. –We hope to add classes back for 2nd Quarter (late October), but for now we are prioritizing reliable before and after care. Afterschool programing will be a mix of indoor and outdoor time, with a variety of activities. (If you are interested in teaching a class later this year, please let us know. Parent and community volunteers and paid staff have previous taught everything from coding to ukulele to yoga).
2) Masks are required and we will strive to maintain social distancing, in compliance with ASD policy.
3) 100% Symptom Free Community School. We are unable/unqualified to determine if a child’s symptoms are COVID or another illness. In order to operate, we must send them home. You will need to pick up your child immediately – even if its just a runny nose. We know this is a inconvenience and potentially a hardship.
4) We are limited in capacity – but will maintain a waitlist.
5) We continue to offer payment plans and scholarships, see codes below and email us for a scholarship request if needed. email@example.com
7) Drop Off & Pick Up:
- As of 8/3/2021, we are still working on these details to accomodate construction at the front door/ office area
- Parents should call DCS Cell # 907-444-5823 for picking up early (before 3:30) and for any extended care pickups (between 4:45-5:30)
- Masks are required for all parents entering school
Registration is available on a day-by-day basis. Morning DCS is 7:45-8:30 – at which time they are dismissed to playground or breakfast; Afternoon DCS is 3:45-4:30 (with 15 minute ‘grace period’ for pick-up). If you needed extended care until 5:30, a 10-Punch “punch cards for is late pickup is available. (Late Pick up fees will be charged for students not picked up by 4:45, or 5:30 for extended care students)
REGISTER ON-LINE at https://popsicle.app/parents/DenaliCommunitySchool
EVERYONE MUST REGISTER ON-LINE through https://popsicle.app/parents/DenaliCommunitySchool
To register please follow the following steps:
- 1. Go to https://popsicle.app/parents/DenaliCommunitySchool and sign up for an account.
- 2. Add your child’s information. To add another child, click “Save and Add Another” or select “Done.”
- 3. On the class sign-up page, select the classes you need. Select the child’s name. Repeat this process for each day of the week/ each child.
- 4. For the Half-Day option during the February Parent-Teacher Conference day, select “Camp Signup” and enter the appropriate date & child. (To Be Determined)
- 5. When you have completed your selections, Select “Checkout.” If you cannot pay the full amount online at this time, please use one of the coupon codes below. We will provide you a Payment Plan form and/or a Scholarship Application Form. **Please be sure to read our “Policies” it has some important information regarding pick-up time & procedures; behavioral expectations and tuition payment requirements.
- 6. If you are unable to pay online in full at the time of registration, you will need to enter one of the following coupon codes.
|Payment Plan||Coupon Code|
|Pay nothing now, and either pay In-person or Payment Plan for full amount||PayPlan100|
|Pay 25% Now and apply for payment plan of remaining 75%||PayPlan75|
|Pay 50% Now and apply for payment plan of remaining 50%||PayPlan50|
|Pay 75% Now and apply for payment plan of remaining 25%||PayPlan25|
Community School also offers discounts to Denali Teachers & Staff and to our volunteer instructors. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code.
Tuition Payment Policy: If tuition is not paid in full by the first day of classes per quarter, a written payment plan must be agreed to by DCS and the person responsible for tuition payment. DCS does offer needs-based scholarships for tuition– typically capped at 50%. You can find these forms online: Scholarship Request (2021 Update Pending/ Email us to request at email@example.com) or Payment Plan Application Form. Families with outstanding tuition will not be able to re-enroll for the subsequent quarter(s). Checks returned for insufficient funds will be subject to an additional $25 fee. Please contact us if you are having difficulty paying your tuition, we may be able to help: but we can’t help unless you ask.
Please contact us at the email below, or talk to Rebecca for help setting up a payment plan. You can pay by check (Checks made to Denali Montessori PTSA), or through paypal by making payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, and we look forward to a great winter!
Denali Community Schools,
Coordinators: Rebecca Pullins and Grace Lopez and Program Manager/Denali PTSA Liaison: Liza Sanden