DENALI COMMUNITY SCHOOL

 

OCTOBER 2021: REGISTER ONLINE at https://popsicle.app/parents/DenaliCommunitySchool

For registration on Popsicle, be sure to scroll down to the 2nd Quarter classes, beginning 10/18/2021.

 We are thrilled to announce that after-school classes are back for the first time since the return of in-person school!  Spanish will continue in the morning in addition to general before-school care. After school, in addition out Outdoor Rec (playground time), we will be have Lego Club, Arts & Crafts, Reading Club and Hand-On Science. 

We will also offer a 1/2-day camp for Parent Teacher Conference Days (10/20-21, 12:30-5:30 PM). Click on “Camps” on Popsicle to register. 

Afternoon Classes:
          • M-F: Outdoor rec – this class is exactly what we have been doing for first quarter.  Students will play outside on the playground until 4:30.  4:30-4:45 they will be gathered inside for late pickup, which starts at 4:45.
          • M, W, F: Reading Club – 3 days a week, Tom will run a reading time where he will read out loud to the students. There will also be opportunity for quiet reading or help with reading. Students of all ages have enjoyed his reading during first quarter. He does all the voices when he reads and he has read to his own kids every night for 13 years.
          • T, Th: Hands-on Science – On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Tom will lead students in fun activities that will explore science and physics through pulleys, levers, and other fun contraptions. Activities will vary each time and some activities may not include physical contraptions, but the class will be guided by Tom with a focus on learning through play. This class will be outdoors as weather allows.
          •  
          • M, W, F: Lego Club – 3 days a week, we will have Lego club. This will be a free-play class that will provide students with legos and plenty of space to get creative.
          • T, Th: Arts and Crafts – On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Zuli will guide the students in arts and crafts. Art classes have been high-demand in the past, so please only enroll your student for one day per week. This class may need to start off in room 123 but will move into the art room once the front office has been able to move back into their space. 

 

POLICIES:

1) Masks are required and we will strive to maintain social distancing, in compliance with ASD policy. 

2) 100% Symptom Free Community School. We are unable/unqualified to determine if a child’s symptoms are COVID or another illness. In order to operate, we must send them home. You will need to pick up your child immediately – even if its just a runny nose. We know this is a inconvenience and potentially a hardship.   

3) We are limited in capacity – but will maintain a waitlist. 

4) We continue to offer payment plans and scholarships, see codes below and email us for a scholarship request if needed. denalicommschool@gmail.com 

5) Drop Off & Pick Up:  

  • Morning drop-off will be via the temporary “Front Office” entrance until construction at the school is completed, and via the front doors once they are re-opened.  
  • Pickup for Outdoor Rec will continue via the playground; for other classes (TBD)
  • Parents should call DCS Cell # 907-444-5823 for picking up early (before 3:30) and for any extended care pickups (between 4:45-5:30)
  • Masks are required for all parents entering school  

Registration is available on a day-by-day basis. Morning DCS is 7:45-8:30 – at which time they are dismissed to playground or breakfast; Afternoon DCS is 3:45-4:30 (with 15 minute ‘grace period’ for pick-up). If you needed extended care until 5:30, a 10-Punch “punch cards for is late pickup is available.  (Late Pick up fees will be charged for students not picked up by 4:45, or 5:30 for extended care students)

EVERYONE MUST REGISTER ON-LINE through https://popsicle.app/parents/DenaliCommunitySchool 

 To register please follow the following steps: 

  • 1. Go to  https://popsicle.app/parents/DenaliCommunitySchool and sign up for an account. 
  • 2. Add your child’s information. To add another child, click “Save and Add Another” or select “Done.”
  • 3. On the class sign-up page, select the classes you need. Select the child’s name. Repeat this process for each day of the week/ each child.
  • 4. For the Half-Day option during the February Parent-Teacher Conference day, select “Camp Signup” and enter the appropriate date & child. (To Be Determined)
  • 5. When you have completed your selections, Select “Checkout.” If you cannot pay the full amount online at this time, please use one of the coupon codes below. We will provide you a Payment Plan form and/or a Scholarship Application Form.  **Please be sure to read our “Policies” it has some important information regarding pick-up time & procedures; behavioral expectations and tuition payment requirements.
  • 6. If you are unable to pay online in full at the time of registration, you will need to enter one of the following coupon codes. 

 

Payment Plan Coupon Code
Pay nothing now, and either pay In-person or Payment Plan for full amount  PayPlan100
Pay 25% Now and apply for payment plan  of remaining 75% PayPlan75
Pay 50% Now and apply for payment plan of remaining 50% PayPlan50
Pay 75% Now and apply for payment plan of remaining 25% PayPlan25

 Community School also offers discounts to Denali Teachers & Staff and to our volunteer instructors. Please contact us at denalicommschool@gmail.com for your discount code. 

Tuition Payment Policy: If tuition is not paid in full by the first day of classes per quarter, a written payment plan must be agreed to by DCS and the person responsible for tuition payment. DCS does offer needs-based scholarships for tuition– typically capped at 50%. You can find these forms online:  Scholarship Request (2021 Update Pending/ Email us to request at denalicommschool@gmail.com) or Payment Plan Application Form. Families with outstanding tuition will not be able to re-enroll for the subsequent quarter(s). Checks returned for insufficient funds will be subject to an additional $25 fee. Please contact us if you are having difficulty paying your tuition, we may be able to help: but we can’t help unless you ask.   

Please contact us at the email below, or talk to Rebecca for help setting up a payment plan. You can pay by check (Checks made to Denali Montessori PTSA), or through paypal by making payment to denalicommschool@gmail.com.   

Thank you, and we look forward to a great winter! 

Denali Community Schools, 

Coordinators: Rebecca Pullins and Grace Lopez  and Program Manager/Denali PTSA Liaison: Liza Sanden