Family and community volunteers enrich our students lives in so many ways. At Denali, families are asked to donate 40 hours of their time a year – whether that is helping with in the classroom, working on a project from home, chaperoning a field trip or helping out on a PTSA project. The PTSA uses Signup.com to help recruit and schedule volunteers. But for now we have some immediate (pre-start) sign-up needs: call 907-441-6287 or email email@example.com to volunteer.
- Denali Rocks: The Denali Rocks FUNd-drive kicks off April 28th with the Denali Talent Show and Car Wash, followed by 2 weeks of before and after school events to engage our community and raise money, ending with a LipSync Celebration at 49th State Brewing Company on May 11th. Last year, this FUNDraiser proved to be well worth our time, providing Denali PTSA with substantial funds to support purchasing hands-on materials in the classroom, highly valuable teacher training, field trip funding, and much more! PTSA funds directly impact your kids and enrich their experience as learners and citizens of our community.We can’t do it without a little help, and now is your time to give even just 15 minutes or an hour here or there to get the job done! Your kids will love seeing you helping their school, and we’ve created a schedule for volunteering that offers many options for getting a little time in, on a schedule that works for you. No special training required to volunteer and it’s quick and easy to sign up for a spot using this link: http://signup.com/go/qDnOMSh
- Corporate Sponsors and Business Partners Outreach We need help with outreach for corporate donors and business partnerships.
- Teacher Appreciation Day: Date TBD (2nd or 3rd week of May). Need organizers and assistants. The plan is to arrange chair massage and a relaxation & recharge station.
- Ice Cream Social: May 23rd, 3:30 — Volunteers are needed to pick up ice cream and popsicles and to set up & distribute ice cream.
- FALL CARNIVAL. We desperately need 1-2 Coordinators: The carnival coordinators from recent years will not be available next year. Without a coordinator, there will not be a carnival. ☹ Nobody does it all, but somebody needs to take lead. You will have lots of guidance, but need time and energy. (~12-20 hours)
- Community School Instructors: These are paid and volunteer positions. Volunteers can get tuition discounts. Instructor commitments can be just 9 weeks (1 quarter). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information